In addition to rivers, especially in India, not many large bodies of water. There are several large lakes and reservoirs, and flooded areas.
Coast of India forms several large bays, some of which are called seas, but in fact they are not. All of these “seas” are the bays of the Indian ocean.
India is not rich in lakes. In the country there are only a few more or less large lakes, some of which are of artificial origin. So, the largest lake of India:
• The Chilika lake (1165 sq km) – India’s largest lagoon-like lake, is connected with the Bay of Bengal, Orissa
• Sambhar lake (240 sq km) – the largest salt-water in India and the salt Deposit, among the largest artificial lakes in Asia, Rajasthan
• Lake Collier (901 sq. km) is the largest freshwater lake in India, Andhra Pradesh
• Loktak lake (266 sq km) freshwater lake, the largest lake in the northeast India, Manipur
• The world’s highest mountain lake (189 sq km) is a large freshwater lake in the state of Jammu and Kashmir
Long coastline of India forms several bays, Straits and seas. The southern tip of India overlooks the Indian ocean itself.
Flooded Continue reading
Not every person can name correctly the largest lake in the world. And here is not there is negligence on geography lessons. Because the largest reservoir of the planet on the map referred to as the sea! The Caspian sea is a closed lake of enormous size, located on the border of Asia and Europe. In form it resembles the Latin letter S, with the area of 371 thousand square kilometers In salt water of the Caspian sea are several Islands, bays and cozy coves.
The coastline stretches over 6500 km, and if we take into account also the Islands, you will be released and 7000 km Coastal zone is low-lying and sleek, rugged rivers flowing into the lake, densely covered with thickets. The average depth of the Caspian sea is 208 meters and a maximum of 1025 meters To the lake have access States such as Iran, Russia, Kazakhstan, Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan.
And who can compete with such water giant? Are there similar to the Caspian lake? On the planet there are the reservoirs, but from the champion they are far behind. Here are their names:
Lake superior, North America (82 414 sq km) Victoria, Africa (69 485 sq km) Huron, North America (59 600 sq km) Michigan, North America (58 000 sq km) Aral sea, Eurasia (on the verge Continue reading