In addition to rivers, especially in India, not many large bodies of water. There are several large lakes and reservoirs, and flooded areas.
Coast of India forms several large bays, some of which are called seas, but in fact they are not. All of these “seas” are the bays of the Indian ocean.
India is not rich in lakes. In the country there are only a few more or less large lakes, some of which are of artificial origin. So, the largest lake of India:
• The Chilika lake (1165 sq km) – India’s largest lagoon-like lake, is connected with the Bay of Bengal, Orissa
• Sambhar lake (240 sq km) – the largest salt-water in India and the salt Deposit, among the largest artificial lakes in Asia, Rajasthan
• Lake Collier (901 sq. km) is the largest freshwater lake in India, Andhra Pradesh
• Loktak lake (266 sq km) freshwater lake, the largest lake in the northeast India, Manipur
• The world’s highest mountain lake (189 sq km) is a large freshwater lake in the state of Jammu and Kashmir
Long coastline of India forms several bays, Straits and seas. The southern tip of India overlooks the Indian ocean itself.
Flooded Continue reading